Course description: This course is designed for a minimum of fifteen (15) hours, maximum twenty (20) hours of classroom instruction, written examinations, practical exercises and the proficiency demonstration. Students must already have their LTC “License To Carry”Before attending this class.
Written Examination and Proficiency Demonstration:prequalifying written examination and proficiency demonstration will be conducted by the Instructor using the DPS LTC written exam and Shooting Prophecy.
Student will participate in (5) practical exercises. One of these exercises involves shooting a handgun. The student must participate and perform adequately to progress through the class, as determined by the instructor. The practical exercises may not be provided to students in advance, and students may not be permitted to practice.
Following the classroom portion and the practical exercises, students must pass the department approved final written examination with a score of 90% or better. Failing students will not receive a certificate of completion from the instructor. The student may reapply as a new applicant for a future course.
- Eye and Ear protection
- Head Cover-‐cap or hat that will cover the head and area toward the face(such as a baseball cap).
- Footwear must cover the entire foot.
- Wear a shirt with a closed neck (due to brass flying around it can result in a burn)
- Belt Holster “that fits your gun”
- One semi-‐automatic of at least .380 caliber
- All handguns should be in good working condition and have no modification(s) that will make the firearm unsafe.
- Be familiar with your handgun.
- There is no time allotted for zeroing handgun in this class.
- No optical enhancers will be allowed.
- Ammunition – NO RELOADED AMMUNICITON WILL BE ALLOWED AND NO aluminum/steel cases. You will need a minimum of 250 rounds for each sidearm, as well as additional ammunition should you fail to quality the first time.If you do not see your brand of ammo on this list, it is not approved!S.A.A.M.I. APPROVED AMMUNITION LIST
BLOUNT, INC. C.C.I./SPEER
HORNADY MFG. CO.
FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO./AMERICAN EAGLE
REMINGTON ARMS CO./UMC
FIOCCHI OF AMERICA, INC.