LTC Course Information
What you’ll need to bring to class:
- Bring a notepad and a black pen. Many of the state documents require black ink.
- You will also need one of the following a state I.D., Driver’s License, US Passport or Military I.D. for check-in.
- Concealed carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When you can use force or deadly force
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety
On The Range
NO manipulation or handling of weapons in parking lots!
This class is NOT a basic handgun training class. We do not have enough time to properly give instructional aid to an attendee who has not fired a handgun before or a very inexperienced shooter. You do not have to be an expert with a handgun, however a basic and fundamental understanding of handgun safety and use is mandatory to attend the LTC class. We can recommend one of our instructors with whom if you wish can teach you the fundamental basics at a set time. If you are not sure of the basic fundamentals of handling and safety please ask us. We recommend that you also think about not carrying until you are ready, for your own safety as well that of others.
Commands will be given for every action taken on the range. This includes when to load your magazines/cylinders, how many rounds, the course of fire, making your guns ready and when to fire.
- Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep your firearm unloaded until you are at the firing line and the range is declared “HOT.” Firearms must be safe (unloaded – magazines removed and actions opened) when entering or exiting the range.
- Cease Firing: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls “Cease firing.”
- COLD Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure firearms are unloaded, actions open and firearms laid down on the shooting bench before going down range. No one is permitted to handle firearms at this time
- HOT Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range; when the range is declared “HOT” shooters are permitted to commence firing. Only shooters are permitted on the firing line. Shooters may move safe guns to and from the firing line only when the range is “HOT.”
- All shooters are responsible for their rounds staying within the confines of this range. Shooters may shoot only from the firing line at the target in line with their position. Shooting at items placed on the ground or at targets not posted at the appropriate height on the target frame enables rounds to escape the range.
- Respect the Range: Please place your trash into the trash receptacles and your spent brass into the recycling receptacles.
- Respect Yourself: Wear eye and ear protection. Food, beverages and smoking are not allowed on the firing line. You should wash your hands and face after shooting.
- Respect others on and off the range, failure to do can lead to the ejection from the range and you will have to reschedule or go else where.
- Eye and Ear protection
- Head Cover-‐cap or hat that will cover the head and area toward the face(such as a baseball cap).
- Footwear must cover the entire foot.
- Wear a shirt with a closed neck (due to brass flying around it can result in a burn)
- One semi-‐automatic of at least .380 caliber
- All handguns should be in good working condition and have no modification(s) that will make the firearm unsafe.
- Be familiar with your handgun.
- There is no time allotted for zeroing handgun in this class.
- No optical enhancers will be allowed.
- Ammunition – NO RELOADED AMMUNICITON WILL BE ALLOWED AND NO aluminum/steel cases. You will need a minimum of 50 rounds for each sidearm, as well as additional ammunition should you fail to quality the first time. If you do not see your brand of ammo on this list, it is not approved!S.A.A.M.I. APPROVED AMMUNITION LIST
BLOUNT, INC. C.C.I./SPEER
HORNADY MFG. CO.
FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO./AMERICAN EAGLE
REMINGTON ARMS CO./UMC
FIOCCHI OF AMERICA, INC.
LTC Class Pricing – Click Here to Pay Online
|Groups of 10 or More||$55.00|
|One on One Familiarization||$125.00 (ammunition and gun rental extra charge)|
|Gun Rental||$20.00 per hour|
|Range Fee||$15.00 (free with new license if weather permits because it is an outside range)|
Once you have completed and passed the LTC course you will be given the LTC-100 form and all the information needed to contact the state to apply for your LTC license.
You can go to the following link: https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/txapp/txdps/chl/ and complete your concealed handgun license application for a new license or renewal online. You will also be prompted to pay your state licensing fees online via the Texas DPS webpage. During the completion of the online apllication you will be asked if you want to schedule your fingerprint and will allow you to input your zip code and show the locations nearest to you. After you complete the processes you will then go to the “Contact us” button and click on it and it will take you to the page where you select the drop down and select program “Handgun Licensing” then the “Submit LTC supporting documents” and fill the information its asking . Below it will allow you to choose file and upload the doucments you scanned in and click the “Attach” button and then the “Submit Form” and you are finished with your application and you check your email until you receive your confirmation.
LTC Training Calendar
NEW LTC Law As of September 1,2013
The information provided below is a brief summary of LTC related bills passed by the 83rd Texas Legislature.
House Bill 48 Effective: Sept. 1, 2013
Caption: Relating to the procedure under which a person may renew a license to carry a concealed handgun.
- Renewal Applicants will no longer be required to attend a renewal class or qualify, but will still need to complete the online renewal registration with DPS and pay their fee. Renewal applicants can renew their license within six (6) months of the expiration date. Often, people wait until a month ahead of the expiration date, but this will probably result in being unlicensed for a period of time while waiting for the new license. Renewals actually have 1 year from the expiration date to renew, but will be considered unlicensed after the actual expiration date. Failing to renew within one (1) year after expiration they will be considered as new applicants by DPS with the appropriate new applicant fees charged.
- LTC holders will continue to have an option to submit the renewal application online.
- House Bill 3142 Effective: Immediately
Caption: Relating to handguns used to demonstrate proficiency in handgun use for purposes of obtaining a concealed handgun license.
- The category of the handgun used for proficiency demonstration is no longer required, regardless of whether a semi-auto handgun or a revolver was used for proficiency demonstration.
- At this time, all Concealed Handgun Licenses will reflect “SA” as the category. Changes to the laminated license are being developed and will be implemented at a later date.
License to Carry in Denton Texas | License to Carry
If you are looking for LTC classes in Denton Texas then look no further than Liberty Firearms. We offer License to Carry classes as well as firearm safety, firearm maintenance and firearm self defense in and around the Denton Texas area. If you are in the North Texas area contact us today to get your LTC class or training information.
Offering our services to the following cities in and around Denton County:
Argyle, Aubrey, Bartonville, Bolivar, Carrollton, Coppell, Copper Canyon, Corinth, Corral City, Cross Roads, Denton, Double Oak, Elizabethtown, Flower Mound, Frisco, Gainesville, Hackberry, Haslet, Hebron, Hickory Creek, Highland Village, Justin, Krugerville, Krum, Lake Dallas, Lakewood Village, Lantana, Lewisville, Lincoln Park, Little Elm, Oak Point, Pilot Point, Plano, Ponder, Prosper, Roanoke, Sanger, Shady Shores, Sherman, Tioga, The Colony, Trophy Club, Whitesboro, North Texas