LTC Course Information
What you’ll need to bring to class:
- Bring a notepad and a black pen. Many of the state documents require black ink.
- You will also need one of the following…a state I.D., Driver’s License, US Passport or Military I.D. for check-in.
- Concealed carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When you can use force or deadly force
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety
(Equipment that is needed when reporting to the Range)
NO manipulation or handling of weapons in parking lots!
- Over the ear hearing protection – muff type – to cover the ear and the area behind the ear.
- Head cover-‐cap or hat that will cover the head and area toward the face(such as a baseball cap).
- Footwear must cover the entire foot.
- No shorts will be allowed on the pistol range for safety purposes.
- Wear a shirt with a collar to the range.
- One semi-‐automatic of at least .9mm caliber (.380 acp is acceptable)
- All handguns should be in good working condition and have no modification(s) that will make the handgununsafe.
- Be familiar with your handgun.
- There is no time allotted for zeroing handgun in this class.
- No optical enhancers will be allowed.
- Ammunition – NO RELOADED AMMUNICITON WILL BE ALLOWED AND NO aluminum cases. You will need a minimum of 50 rounds for each sidearm, as well as additional ammunition should you fail to quality the first time. If you do not see your brand of ammo on this list, it is not approved!S.A.A.M.I. APPROVED AMMUNITION LIST
BLOUNT, INC. C.C.I./SPEER
HORNADY MFG. CO.
FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO./AMERICAN EAGLE
REMINGTON ARMS CO./UMC
FIOCCHI OF AMERICA, INC.
LTC Class Pricing – Click Here to Pay Online
|Groups of 10 or More||$55.00|
|One on One Familiarization||$125.00 (includes three hours range time – ammunition and gun rental – extra charge)|
|Gun Rental||$20.00 per hour|
|Range Fee||$15.00 (free with new license if weather permits outside range)|
Once you have completed and passed the LTC course you will be given all the information needed to contact the state to apply for your LTC license.
You can go to the following link: https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/txapp/txdps/chl/ and complete your concealed handgun license application for a new license or renewal online. You will also be prompted to pay your state licensing fees online via the Texas DPS webpage.
LTC Training Calendar
NEW LTC Law As of September 1,2013
The information provided below is a brief summary of LTC related bills passed by the 83rd Texas Legislature.
House Bill 48 Effective: Sept. 1, 2013
Caption: Relating to the procedure under which a person may renew a license to carry a concealed handgun.
- Eliminates the requirements for LTC holders to complete a renewal course, or demonstrate proficiency, in order to renew the license.
- LTC holders will continue to have an option to submit the renewal application online.
- House Bill 3142 Effective: Immediately
Caption: Relating to handguns used to demonstrate proficiency in handgun use for purposes of obtaining a concealed handgun license.
- The category of the handgun used for proficiency demonstration is no longer required, regardless of whether a semi-auto handgun or a revolver was used for proficiency demonstration.
- At this time, all Concealed Handgun Licenses will reflect “SA” as the category. Changes to the laminated license are being developed and will be implemented at a later date.
LTC Training Classes in Denton Texas | Concealed Handgun License
If you are looking for LTC classes in Denton Texas then look no further than Liberty Firearms. We offer concealed handgun license classes as well as handgun safety, gun maintenance and weapon self defesne in and around the Denton Texas area. If you are in the North Texas area contact us today to get your LTC training.
Offering our services to the following cities in and around Denton County:
Argyle, Aubrey, Bartonville, Bolivar, Carrollton, Coppell, Copper Canyon, Corinth, Corral City, Cross Roads, Denton, Double Oak, Elizabethtown, Flower Mound, Frisco, Gainesville, Hackberry, Haslet, Hebron, Hickory Creek, Highland Village, Justin, Krugerville, Krum, Lake Dallas, Lakewood Village, Lantana, Lewisville, Lincoln Park, Little Elm, Oak Point, Pilot Point, Plano, Ponder, Prosper, Roanoke, Sanger, Shady Shores, Sherman, Tioga, The Colony, Trophy Club, Whitesboro, North Texas